Sunday, October 28, 2007

Of the past two days.

Yesterday I was properly introduced to greater Edmonds. It was quaint, quiet, and had some rather charming qualities. The initial coffee was lovely and a fantastic way to start out the venture. Lucy had a hazelnut latte, Bridget ate a little breakfast burrito, Finn had nothing, and I had an Irish cream latte. It was then, after being pestered by pesky old fellows we went for a wee jont around the town. We passed a dead garden, a hole in the pavement, and little shops of various nature most of which were paid little notice. We did stop into a stone/shell/trinket/meteorite shop which was certainly interesting (though nothing was purchased). Moving forward, we came to the magical ferry which travels through a portal strait to Kingston, Jamaica. A bit of perusing the shore there found the use of my camera for the first time. And wandering the stony point and beach, we laughed at funny people passing by, posed for shots, threw rocks, and flipped some birds (Ehhemm....). And after some debate, we weren't to take a magical ferry ride, pity. wandering back to our vehicles, we chatted and laughed, poking our curiosity into the windows of a few shops till this Edmonds was left in our wake. Some Highlights there:




After a run back to the Spiro's we walked to a nearby beach, watched the sunset, made our way back, and we then ate. Dinner was great (Thanks very much Mrs. Spiro). It was then a relaxing time of chatting it up for the remainder. Such a grand day.

Today now, was a day of prep and party. My sisters 24th was celebrated with her surprise and a few friends, food, drinks (white Russians, I thank you), games, and gifts. It was all together a pleasant gathering though I did in time find myself caught up in a game of Zelda on the super Nintendo (not my idea....surprisingly). And a bit light of head, ahaha.

In other news, I may have an interview with the Tully's coffee store near my home, which I've no idea whether I should be excited about or depressed about. But regardless, I'm going to see how it fairs, though my search shall continue no matter the result. But, the question still remains, Capernwray?

I want to be a pirate.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I should have known that picture would make it on the www. oh well, it makes me laugh. I love your description of our day - yes, it was grand. Next time we'll take the ferry to Kingston.

I wish you could be a pirate too. I think Capenwray/Spain is a movement in that direction. Traveling will give you the gypsy spirit, and you could pick up a roguish accent.

Bridget Beth said...

I want you to have grand adventures and then to write your memoirs. I love your scribbles.

Captain Kris Riggio said...

Lucy: You may be right about that, the original pirates were Spanish anyways I believe.... I would love a Kingston ferry ride. That photo was too good to pass up. I would be ovrjoyed to develop an accent, I would share it with the world.

Bridge: I appreciate the support haha. I love your masterful blogging as well.

e said...

Go to Capernwray. Traverse.

Spiro said...

capernwray capernwray capernwray capernwray capernwray capernwray capernwray capernwray.

i'd like to talk to you bout it sometime. (not that you don't have others that would like to do the same)